- Be able to apply the knowledge gained in the basic medical and clinical subjects in
the management of patients with surgical problems.
- Be able to diagnose, manage and treat patients with basic oral surgical problem
- Have a broad knowledge of maxillofacial surgery and oral Implantology.
- Be familiar with legal, ethical and moral issues pertaining to patient care and
- Understand and practice the basic principles of asepsis and sterilization.
- Be competent in the extraction of the teeth under local anesthesia.
- Be Competent to carry out certain minor oral surgical procedures under Local
anesthesia like trans-alveolar extraction, frenectomy, Dento alveolar procedures,
simple impaction, biopsy, etc.
- Be Competent to assess, prevent and manage common complications that arise
during and after minor oral surgery. Able to provide primary care and manage
medical emergencies in the dental office.
- Post graduates acquire the ability to diagnose and manage diseases and anomalies in Oral and Maxillofacial region following the principles concerned to the field.
- To practice as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon maintaining the basic ethics and empathy towards patients and fellow beings.
- Developing a scientific temperament through research activities by giving importance to research work and record keeping in a professional way and also motivating to attend courses and conferences.
- Acquiring basic skills and competence in performing various procedures required in the specialty.
- Developing sufficient communication skills to explain various treatment options available for patient and to obtaining a true informed consent.