The OBC (Other Backward Classes) Cell at Mar Baselios Dental College focuses on the well-being and advancement of students from OBC backgrounds. It ensures equitable access to educational resources, addresses their specific needs, and promotes diversity and inclusivity, fostering an environment where all students can thrive regardless of their social or economic backgrounds.
- Equal Educational Opportunities: Ensure that OBC students have equal access to educational opportunities, including admission to various courses and programs.
- Financial Assistance: Facilitate the availability of scholarships, grants, and financial aid for OBC students to alleviate economic barriers to education.
- Academic Support: Provide academic counseling, mentoring, and tutoring services to help OBC students excel academically and enhance their educational experience.
- Grievance Redressal: Act as a platform for OBC students to address any grievances related to discrimination, harassment, or unfair treatment and ensure prompt resolution.
- Cultural Celebrations: Organize events and cultural activities that celebrate the diverse cultures and backgrounds of OBC communities within the college to foster inclusivity.
- Advocacy and Representation: Advocate for the rights and interests of OBC students within the college administration, working towards policies that promote diversity and inclusivity
Composition of OBC Cell:
The Principal shall constitute the OBC Committee for three academic years.
|Dr. Byju Paul Kurian
|Dr. Manju Korath
|Dr. Sarah Paul
|Dr. Anoopa Paulose
|Dr. Deena Elizabeth
|Mrs. Jenson P Eldhose
Procedure to File a Complaint
- A written complaint may be submitted to the committee. Any student or employee of the college can approach the cell in person.
- The cell will investigate the matter and give its recommendation.
- Suitable action shall be taken based on the recommendation of the committee.
- Confidentiality shall be maintained in all appropriate matters.
- Contact email – firstname.lastname@example.org