The SC/ST Cell at Mar Baselios Dental College is dedicated to supporting the academic and social progress of students from Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) backgrounds. Its functions include facilitating scholarships, mentorship, counseling, and advocacy to ensure equal opportunities, addressing their specific concerns, and fostering an inclusive and supportive campus environment.
- Promote Equal Access: Ensure equal opportunities for admission and participation in all academic and extracurricular activities for SC/ST students.
- Financial Support: Facilitate access to scholarships, grants, and financial assistance programs to alleviate the economic burden on SC/ST students.
- Academic Support: Provide academic counseling, tutoring, and mentorship programs to enhance the educational performance and retention rates of SC/ST students.
- Awareness and Sensitization: Conduct workshops, seminars, and awareness programs to sensitize the college community about the unique challenges and concerns faced by SC/ST students.
- Resource Center: Establish and maintain a resource center with relevant study materials, books, and resources to assist SC/ST students in their studies.
- Grievance Redressal: Serve as a platform for SC/ST students to address any grievances related to discrimination, harassment, or unfair treatment and ensure timely resolution.
- Reporting and Documentation: Maintain records of SC/ST student admissions, scholarships awarded, and their academic progress to track and evaluate the effectiveness of support programs.
- Celebrate Diversity: Organize events and cultural activities that celebrate the rich cultural diversity and heritage of SC/ST communities to promote inclusivity.
- Advocacy and Representation: Act as advocates for SC/ST students within the college administration and work towards policy changes that promote inclusivity and diversity within the institution.
Composition of SC/ST Cell
The Principal shall constitute the SC/ST Cell Committee for three years.
|Dr. Byju Paul Kurian
|Mrs. Nisha S
|Dr. Sreeparvathy S
|Dr. Arun Bosco Jerald
|Mr. Jenson P Eldhose
Procedure to File a Complaint
- A written complaint may be submitted to the committee. Any student or employee of the college can approach the cell in person.
- The cell will investigate the matter and give its recommendation.
- Suitable action shall be taken based on the recommendation of the committee.
- Confidentiality shall be maintained in all appropriate matters.
- Contact email – email@example.com